You take pride in keeping the exterior and interior of your property clean and tidy in order to enjoy a good quality of life. But relics say that misfortunes happen when you least expect them. It could be a happy day for you, but one bad thing can completely turn things upside down. This can be as simple as a clogged drain that takes hours and more to unclog and repair.
If you don’t want to go through the struggles of calling a plumber and getting your drains checked for repair, here’s what you need to do…
In today’s blog post, we’ll address different types of sinks and suggest relevant solutions to help you prevent clogs and keep your drains in good condition without too much effort.
Sinks without Waste Disposals
1. The kitchen sink usually gets clogged due to the presence of food waste in the drains. If you don’t have a garbage disposal, avoid washing leftover food down your drain, or use a drain strainer in your kitchen sink to help keep the food out.
2. While most people have this habit of draining oil and grease down the sink, it is not only harmful but also gets stuck inside your kitchen pipes and ends up clogging the drain. Therefore, make sure to pour the oil or grease into an airtight container and then throw it in the trash.
Sinks with Waste Disposal Systems
3. Since banana peels, potato peels, eggshells, and coffee grounds are thick and sticky, they do not get crushed in the waste disposal system. So, avoid throwing these types of foods into your garbage disposal to enjoy a clog-free drain.
4. Next, run a steady stream of cold tap water to prevent clogs and blockages in the disposal system. Water circulation removes all waste through the drains and allows for efficient water flow.
Sinks in the Bathroom
5. Hair, soap scum, and other grime build up in the bathroom are the common cause of drain clogging. To prevent this, make sure to clean bathroom sinks and drains after every use. Otherwise, you’ll experience slow drainage or completely blocked drains, which may make you want to destroy the house rather than call plumbers for repair.
6. The other thing that clogs the bathroom drains is the presence of toilet paper in the drain pipes. Excessive paper clogs the drainage system, requiring you to seek expert assistance to unclog the drain.
By keeping the points above in mind, you can prevent your drains from clogging. However, if for any reason your drain seems clogged, feel free to connect with professionals at Premier Plumbers. We offer premium drain cleaning and various other plumbing services at affordable rates in Venice, FL. So, hire our experts to perform a quick drain inspection today so that you don’t have to worry about your drains getting clogged tomorrow!